Last Updated: August 13, 2023
Table of contents:
- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and retain your Personal Information
- How we share your Personal Information
- Your privacy rights
- Use by children
- Interaction with third party products
- Analytic tools/ Cookies
- Specific provisions applicable under California privacy law
- Contact us
Oligo’s mission is to provide you with information about our company, products and services. Oligo is providing a security tool, integrating directly into the development tools and workflows of its clients, in order to scan the open source code you might be using when developing your product. Oligo makes it easy for you to detect, monitor, prevent & fix security vulnerabilities in the open source code you might be using.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
1.1 We Process the Following Personal Information:
- Information You Provide Directly to Us through the Services. We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, including, without limitation, information when you browse and make use of our Services, such as, full name, work e-mail, phone number and company name, as well as any other information that you decide to provide us.
- Information from Other Sources. Oligo may also obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly or commercially available information, and through third-party data platforms, partners and service providers.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may automatically collect certain information through your use of the Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your device, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, internet service provider and other information about actions taken through the use of the Services.
- Information you provide to us in person. For example, when you visit one of our exhibition booths or attend one of our events and you provide us with your contact details. We will use this information to answer your enquiries or provide additional information to you.
- Information we collect from online interactions. For example, if you attend a webinar, contact us via social media or otherwise interact with our business, including as a representative of a current / prospective customer, supplier or partner, we track and make a record of those interactions, which may contain your contact details, such as full name, email address, messages and any other information that you decide to provide us with.
1.2 We process information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services. Oligo will use your information to: (i) provide the Services and to process your requests; (ii) communicate with you about your use of the Services and for support purposes; and (iii) to generally administer and improve the Services.
- For Administrative Purposes. Oligo may use your information (i) to respond to your questions, comments, and other requests for customer support, or information, including information about potential or future services; (ii) to provide you with the Services; (iii) for internal quality control purposes; (iv) to establish a business relationship; (v) to generally administer the Services; and (vi) to provide you with information about Oligo’s products and Services.
- To Market our Website, Platform and the Services. Oligo may use information to market the Services. Such use includes (i) notifying you about offers and services that may be of interest to you; (ii) developing and marketing new products and services, and to measure interest in Oligo’s products and services; (iii) other purposes disclosed at the time you provide information; (iv) as you otherwise consent;
- Security purposes. Some of the abovementioned information will be used for detecting, taking steps to prevent and prosecuting fraud or other illegal activity; to identify and repair errors; to conduct audits; and for security purposes. Information may also be used to comply with applicable laws, with investigations performed by the relevant authorities, law enforcement purposes, and/or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information Use. In certain cases, we may or will anonymize or de-identify your Information and further use it for internal and external purposes, including, without limitation, to analyze and improve Oligo’s products and services (including through the use of artificial intelligence) and for research purposes. We may use this anonymous or de-identified information and/or disclose it to third parties without restrictions (for example, in order to improve our services and enhance your experience with them and/or to develop new product features and improve existing offerings).
2. HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Security. We have implemented and maintain reasonable technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Retention of your information. Your information will be stored until we delete our records, and we proactively delete it, or if you send a valid deletion request. Please note that in some circumstances we may store your information for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, and/or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your information or dealings.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the recipients described above, we may share your information as follows:
3.1 The information Oligo gathers is shared with our partners and other third parties.
3.2 We may also share information with our affiliated companies about you.
3.3 We may use third party service providers to process your information for the purposes outlined above, including, without limitation:
- With cloud service providers for hosting purposes;
- With websites and web content creation platforms in order to help us manage our Website;
- With email providers, marketing, CRM, other similar tool providers;
- With analytic companies, in order to help us understand and analyze information we collect in accordance with this policy; and
3.4 To the extent necessary, with regulators, courts, banks or competent authorities, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order, as well as for internal compliance procedures and to protect the safety, security, and integrity of Oligo, our Services, customers, employees, property, and the public.
3.5 If, in the future, we sell or transfer, or we consider selling or transferring, some or all of our business, shares or assets to a third party, we will disclose your information to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events (including, without limitation, our current or potential investors). In the event that we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your information in connection with the foregoing events.
3.6 Where you have otherwise provided your consent to us for sharing or transferring your information.
4. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Rights: You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com. You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf if you provide the authorized agent with written permission signed by you. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we need further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes, before processing and/or honoring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
- Deleting your account: Should you ever decide to delete your account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your account, any association between your account and personal data we store will no longer be accessible through your account. However, given the nature of sharing on certain services, any public activity on your account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
- Marketing emails – opt-out: You may choose not to receive marketing email of this type by sending a single email with the subject “BLOCK” to email@example.com Please note that the email must come from the email account you wish to block OR if you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails, and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. If you terminate your account, any association between your account and personal information we store will no longer be accessible through your account.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
1. We store the Personal Data with the following storing companies: AWS - EU.
2. In order to run our business and provide our Website, Platform and Services to you, we transfer Personal Data to certain countries around the world, including to our affiliates and service providers, many of whom are located outside of your jurisdiction. Therefore, your Personal Data may be processed in countries with privacy laws that are different from privacy laws in your country. Whenever we make such transfers, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to implement an appropriate level of protection to your Personal Data by implementing at least one of the following safeguards:
5.2.1 making sure the destination country has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data; and/or
5.2.2 by executing implement data onward transfer instruments such as data processing and protection agreements.
6. USE BY CHILDREN. We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not provide any information to us without the involvement of a parent or a guardian. In the event that we become aware that you provide information in violation of applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS. We enable you to interact with third party websites, mobile software applications and products or services that are not owned, or controlled, by us (each, a “Third Party Service”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Services. Please be aware that Third Party Services can collect information from you. Accordingly, we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Service.
8. ANALYTIC TOOLS/COOKIES
- Google Signals. The Website uses a tool called “Google Signals” to collect information about use of the Website. When we activate Google Signals, some existing Google Analytics features are updated to also include aggregated data from Google users who have turned on “Ads Personalization” (Ads Personalization available at https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856/). Audiences that we create in Google Analytics and publish to Google Ads and other Google Marketing Platform advertising products can serve ads in cross device-eligible remarketing campaigns to Google users who have turned on Ads Personalization. Google Analytics collects additional information about users who have turned on Ads Personalization, base across device types and on aggregated data from users who have turned on Ads Personalization. The data is user based rather than session based. The Cross Device reports include only aggregated data. No data for individual users is ever exposed. You can modify your interests, choose whether your Personal Data is used to make ads more relevant to you, and turn on or off certain advertising services in the Ads Personalization link above.
- Linkedin Pixel. We use LinkedIn pixels and Insight Tags, which are tools that allow us to send data to LinkedIn and its affiliates about actions that people take on our platform, in order to use LinkedIn's tool to assess the performance and effectiveness of our campaigns and to optimize our campaigns. The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to our platform, including IP address, device and browser characteristics, and timestamp. LinkedIn's ability to use and share your information is governed LinkedIn's Ads Agreement, available here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/sas-terms. You can opt-out of having your data used by LinkedIn through this link: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out, or through these standard opt-out websites: www.networkadvertising.org/choices or www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Through our Services we may allow third party advertising partners to set technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools, cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies.
9. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS APPLICABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY LAW
- Our California Do Not Track Notice: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
10. CONTACT US. We are unequivocally committed to the protection and security of information entrusted to us. We consistently and rigorously apply security protocols to ensure the utmost safety of our customers’ data. For those interested in acquiring a full copy of our detailed information security policy, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com